Here are some of the more common questions we get and the answers.
Will classes be in-person or online
Please note, we are strictly following the WA State Guidelines for our safe return to classes.
Currently, dancers will have the option to choose dance in a way that they and their families are most comfortable with.
A Hybrid classes are also available for classes.
- For those dancers that would like to dance in the studio- classes will have a rotating schedule (link here to rotating schedule).
- Each dancer will be assigned a group and will have the opportunity to attend in person classes on their assigned group day only. This will be a fluid schedule and will be dependent on the # of dancers enrolled in each class.
- In person classes will be limited. This number is dependent on the WA State Guidelines and may change at any time.
- Dancers will participate in classes via Zoom on the days they are not assigned to attend in person.
- Dancers do not have to dance in person if they do not feel safe doing so.
Some classes may be held virtually only due to special circumstances. These classes will be clearly marked on our schedule.
All Classes may also be taken Virtually.
When is Tuition due
- Tuition is due on the 1st of each month and no bills will be sent. Gotta Dance uses an automated payment system which accepts American Express, Visa and MasterCard.
- Prorated tuition is available only for initial start date.
- A $15 late fee will automatically be charged to accounts not paid by the 1st of each month.
Do you offer family discounts
- A 10% family discount applies if more than one member of the family (living at the same address) registers for classes.
- There is a $40.00 annual registration fee, per family (September 1, 2020 through August 31, 2021).
- There is a $10.00 registration fee, per new family when registering for the first-time during summer session.
- Tuition and registration fees are non-refundable.
- Drop-in rate is $20.00 per class, $30.00 for a 90-minute class, and will be applied to tuition upon registration.
- One free drop-in class can be requested for any dancer per dance year.
What happens if I miss a class
- If you will be missing a class, please notify the Gotta Dance office at (425) 861-5454 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This information will be noted on your account and passed on to your instructor.
- If you miss a class, you are encouraged to make up the class. All make-up classes will be done virtually via Zoom and must be scheduled ahead of time with the front desk.
- Dancers making up a class will be given access to a recording of their missed class.
- You may schedule only two make-up classes per month.
- If taking a leave of absence (more than 4 weeks), tuition must be paid during the leave in order to guarantee your continued placement in classes.
- Gotta Dance does not issue refunds or prorate tuition for missed classes.
Can I watch my dancer during class?
- Creative Movement and Tap/Ballet ages 3-4 and 4-5 will have viewing during all classes. *Due to occupancy limitations, each dancer may be accompanied into the building by only one parent or guardian.
- Due to Covid-19 restrictions, there will be no In-Studio viewing for classes ages 5-6 and older. Families are invited to log into our studio Wi-Fi to view all classes via Zoom from your car.
What if I have to drop a class
- If you decide to drop a class or withdraw from Gotta Dance, you must communicate this change to the Gotta Dance Office (425) 861-5454 or email@example.com. This communication must be made by the 15th of the month to avoid being charged the following month’s tuition. There are no refunds for registration fee, costume, or tuition. We will assume you are continuing throughout the 2020-2021 dance year unless we are notified otherwise.
When are your Dance Shows?
- End-of-the-Season Production – June 5th, 6th and 12th 2021, for all dancers.
How do I buy tickets
- All shows have reserved seats which that are ordered online. By prepaying your tuition through the month of the show, you will be put on an early access list to purchase tickets. Remember that there are no refunds or discounts for prepaid tuition or paid tickets.
- June Show tickets - Tuition must be paid through May 2021 payment (#9)
- Any tickets that have not been pre-purchased will be available for sale at the door of the theater.
How do I get and pay for costumes
- Costumes for our June 2021 Shows will be discussed in February 2021.
- Costumes are custom ordered and there are no refunds once ordered.
- Sizing for costumes will be done at the time of registration or in class by the instructor.
What should i know about ZOOM Classes
- All dancers must warm up before the commencement of the designated class.
- All dancers should ensure & confirm they have a suitable, non-slip floor space in which to participate
- All dancers should clear any surrounding objects that may cause injury.
- Dance activities should be avoided if the dancer has suspects he or she may have any current health concerns, injures, aches and pains.
- As with all exercise and dance programs, when using our exercise and dance instruction, dancers must exercise common sense.
Etiquette & Saftey
- For the safety of all dancers, zoom links and passwords should not be shared with anyone.
- Refrain from chatting with other dancers during your class when the instructor is providing the class with instructions.
- Refrain from providing personal information to anyone in the class without parental permission.
Zoom classes are recorded for future use. Please note that up to 30 seconds of the recording may be used for studio marketing. See the release in the registration documentation.
Virtual Class Disclaimer
The virtual information provided by Gotta Dance for ZOOM classes is for general information purposes only. All information on this site is provided in good faith, however we make no representation of warranty of any kind, express or implied regarding the accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness of any information on Gotta Dance Website, Gotta Dance Facebook, Gotta Dance Instagram or Gotta Dance ZOOM classes.
Under no circumstance shall we have any liability to you for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of Gotta Dance Website, Gotta Dance Facebook, Gotta Dance Instagram or Gotta Dance ZOOM classes. Your use of these sites and your reliance on any information on these sites is solely at your own risk.
What is Gotta Dance doing about COVID-19
Gotta Dance is following the WA State protocol for Safe Return to the Studio
Please note the new measures we have in place to keep everyone safe. Our priority has been, and still is, the safety and health of our students, instructors, and Gotta Dance Staff.
WA State Guidelines we now have in place:
- All our staff has been educated and trained to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
- Gotta Dance Safety Video is available on our website and Facebook page for all families to review the Gotta Dance Safe Return to the Studio.
- All Staff and Dancer Families must sign a waiver prior to returning to the studio acknowledging the new COVID procedures and commitment to follow the procedures in place.
- Waiver may be emailed to the studio or handed in upon initial return to the studio.
- No one will be permitted to enter the facility without a signed waiver.
- Entrance into our facility will be one person at a time, waiting six- feet apart
- Enter the building through front door, up the ramp marked six feet distance
- Wait until you are instructed to proceed inside the building
- Dancers will be Dropped off and Picked up Only
- Parents must wait in the parking lot until the dancer has been cleared to enter. Dancer or Gotta Dance staff will call/ text parent
- As per Washington Guidelines there will be a limited number of people allowed the building at one time
- Dancers age 5 and under
- Limit - one parent per dancer
- Once Dancer is in the class- parent will exit the building. Parents may wait in the car and watch the class via Zoom
- Dancers age 5 and under
- All Instructors, Staff, Dancers, Guardian(s) must Check-in upon arrival at facility
- Check in - Monitor Screening Station to Include:
- No Contact Temp Check (must be under 99.0)
- Have you had a fever in past 48 hours?
- Have you had a loss or taste or smell?
- Do you have sore throat, cough, or shortness of breath?
- Have you experienced any vomiting, diarrhea in last 24 hours?
- Have you been in close contact or cared for someone with COVD-19?
- Record all information on Daily Monitoring Sheet
- If Positive symptoms are reported- individual may not participate or continue into facility
- All Instructors, Staff, Dancers, Guardian(s) must then use hand sanitizer before proceeding to the next holding spot.
- The Lobby Area will be closed to visitors
- All Dancers should arrive 5 minutes early to complete the screening process.
- Due to the safety of all dancers, a dancer will not be allowed into class if a dancer is late (5 minutes or more.)
- All Dancers, Staff, Visitors must wear a cloth face covering to enter our facility and worn throughout our facility.
- Dancers must bring their own water, & food - The Breakroom is now closed
- Dancer must come dressed in proper dance attire. There will be no changing. The bathroom changing area is now closed.
- Dancers will be asked to wait on designated spots (marked six feet apart) No socializing will be allowed outside of designated spots.
- Always maintain six-foot social distancing
- All dancer must follow all our safety protocols.
- *Please note, dancers who do not follow the WA State Return to the Studio Protocols will be asked to leave the studio immediately. Parent(s) will be called to return to the studio at once to pick up his/her dancer.
- All Dancers will lineup outside the designated studio on one of the social distancing markers placed on the floor
- Instructor will invite each dancer inside the studio one dancer at a time
- Instructor will direct each dancer to the designated spot in the dance room
- Place the dance bag on the designated place marker inside the studio
- Dismissal from class
- Instructor will dismiss dancers one at a time
- Dancers will wait at each designated holding marker until it is his/her turn to exit the building
- Exit the building through the front door and down the stairs
- Hand sanitizers are available throughout the facility for staff and dancers
- Trash Cans and tissues are also available throughout building
- After each class, the instructors will disinfect the dance studio in preparation for the next class
- Restroom will be disinfected every hour
- Deep cleaning will take place each evening when the studio is closed
Locker room/Restroom & Breakroom
- The main bathroom will be limited to 3 dancers at a time to comply with the six-feet social distancing
- Every other stall has been marked closed
- Sinks have been marked six feet apart
- There will be one way in and one way out
- The Breakroom will remain closed
- The locker room will remain closed
- The Lost and found containers have been discontinued