Studio Information and frequent questions
We are excited to have you at Gotta Dance!
2020-2021 VIRTUAL AND HYBRID CLASSES!
Welcome to our 2020-21 Dance Season! We look forward to a great year.
Please note, we are strictly following the WA State Guidelines for our safe return to classes.
Currently, dancers will have the option to choose dance in a way that they and their families are most comfortable with.
A Hybrid classes are also available for classes.
- For those dancers that would like to dance in the studio- classes will have a rotating schedule.
- Each dancer will be assigned a group and will have the opportunity to attend in person classes on their assigned group day only. This will be a fluid schedule and will be dependent on the # of dancers enrolled in each class.
- In person classes will be limited. This number is dependent on the WA State Guidelines and may change at any time.
- Dancers will participate in classes via Zoom on the days they are not assigned to attend in person.
- Dancers do not have to dance in person if they do not feel safe doing so.
Some classes may be held virtually only due to special circumstances. These classes will be clearly marked on our schedule.
All Classes may also be taken Virtually.
TUITION AND REGISTRATION
Tuition is due on the 1st of each month, no bills will be sent. Gotta Dance uses an automated payment system which accepts American Express, Visa and MasterCard.
- Tuition is due on the 1st of each month and no bills will be sent. Gotta Dance uses an automated payment system whichaccepts American Express, Visa and MasterCard.
- Prorated tuition is available only for initial start date.
- Placement in classes will be confirmed through email when registering online.
- A 10% family discount applies if more than one member of the family (living at the same address) registers for classes.
- There is a $40.00 annual registration fee, per family (September 1, 2020 through August 31, 2021).
- There is a $10.00 registration fee, per new family when registering for the first-time during summer session.
- Tuition and registration fees are non-refundable.
- A $15 late fee will automatically be charged to accounts not paid by the 1st of each month.
- Drop-in rate is $20.00 per class, $30.00 for a 90-minute class, and will be applied to tuition upon registration.
- One free drop-in class can be requested for any dancer per dance year.
MISSED CLASS POLICY:
- If you will be missing a class, please notify the Gotta Dance office at (425) 861-5454 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This information will be noted on your account and passed on to your instructor.
- If you miss a class, you are encouraged to make up the class. All make-up classes will be done virtually via Zoom and must be scheduled ahead of time with the front desk.
- Dancers making up a class will be given access to a recording of their missed class.
- You may schedule only two make-up classes per month.
- If taking a leave of absence (more than 4 weeks), tuition must be paid during the leave in order to guarantee your continued placement in classes.
- Gotta Dance does not issue refunds or prorate tuition for missed classes.
- Creative Movement and Tap/Ballet ages 3-4 and 4-5 will have viewing during all classes. *Due to occupancy limitations, each dancer may be accompanied into the building by only one parent or guardian.
- There will be no In-Studio viewing for classes ages 5-6 and older. Families are invited to log into our studio Wi-Fi to view all classes via Zoom from your car.
As a courtesy, please park by the Gotta Dance building and not in front of other businesses. There is a possibility of being towed if you do not park in permitted areas which are directly around our building or near the greenbelt.
WITHDRAWING FROM CLASS(ES):
If you decide to drop a class or withdraw from Gotta Dance, you must communicate this change to the Gotta Dance Office (425) 861-5454 or email@example.com. This communication must be made by the 15th of the month to avoid being charged the following month’s tuition. There are no refunds for registration fee, costume, or tuition. We will assume you are continuing throughout the 2019-2020 dance year unless we are notified otherwise.
- Gotta Dance will hold a show in June for all dancers.
- End-of-the-Season Production – June 5th, 6th and 12th 2021, for all dancers.
- All shows have reserved seats which are ordered online. By prepaying your tuition through the month of the show, you will be put on an early access list to purchase tickets. Remember that there are no refunds or discounts for prepaid tuition or paid tickets.
- June Show tickets - Tuition must be paid through May 2021 payment (#9)
- Any tickets that have not been pre-purchased will be available for sale at the door of the theater.
- All shows start on time. Please ask all guests to arrive at the theater at least 20 minutes before the show begins so that everyone can be in their seat for the first dance. Doors will open and shut in between each dance.
- Gotta Dance hires a professional videographer to record all shows. DVDs are available for purchase at the show or at the studio.
- Flash photography is not allowed at any show as it is dangerous to our performers.
- Dance Photos will be taken the week of Monday, May 17th – Saturday, May 22nd in full costume during regular class.
- Costumes for our June 2021 Shows will be discussed in February 2021.
- Costumes are custom ordered and there are no refunds once ordered.
- Creative Movement: Girls: Any color leotard, any color tights, pink leather ballet shoes. Boys: Sweatpants, leggings, or gym shorts with t-shirt and black ballet shoes.
- Tap/Ballet Combination Classes (ages 3-6): Girls: Any color leotard, any color tights, pink leather ballet shoes and black patent leather Mary Jane style, buckle tap shoes. Optional: ballet skirts and sweaters. Boys: Solid black sweatpants, leggings, or gym shorts with solid white t-shirt and black ballet shoes and black patent leather Mary Jane or oxford tap shoes.
- Ballet and Pointe (Ages 5 & older): Girls: Black leotard (any style), pink tights, and pink leather ballet shoes. Hair must be in a bun. Optional: ballet skirts, ballet sweaters, leg warmers. Boys: Black leggings, white t-shirt, black ballet shoes.
- Lyrical: Any dance wear (leotard or tank/camisole tops and leggings or dance/spandex shorts) and Bloch Style #SO675 foot thongs. No loose-fitting clothing.
- Jazz: Any dance wear (leotard or tank/camisole tops and leggings or dance/spandex shorts) and Bloch Style #S0401L black leather split-soled, slip-on jazz shoes. No lace-up jazz shoes. No loose-fitting clothing.
- Tap: Any dance wear (leotard or tank/camisole tops and leggings or dance/spandex shorts) and black lace-up tap oxfords.
- Hip-Hop Fusion: Any loose-fitting clothing and tennis shoes. No jeans.
- Note: Correct shoes and attire are REQUIRED for all classes. Each dancer must have their own shoes with their names written inside. For health purposes, loaner shoes will no longer be available at the front desk.
GOTTA DANCE SHOP
For your convenience, Gotta Dance offers dancewear and shoes for purchase. Please contact the front desk for additional information.
All communications from Gotta Dance will come to the email address provided when you registered your dancer. Please ensure that this is accurate and up to date on your account in The Studio Director.